Albemarle Location
Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00AM-5:30PM; Sat, 8:00AM-11:00AM

Doctor Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-11:00AM, 2:00PM-4:00PM; Sat, 8:00AM-10AM
(704) 870-3993
West Stanly Location
Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00AM-5:30PM; Sat: 8:00AM-11:00AM
Doctor Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-11:00AM, 2:00PM-4:00PM; Sat, 8:00AM-10:00AM
(704) 812-5539
 

Our History

Albemarle Animal Clinic was founded in 1957 by Dr. Bill Dobbs (the first licensed veterinarian in the area), making it the first veterinary clinic in Stanly County. Dr. Griffin purchased the clinic from Dr. Eugene Morton in 1988. From its inception, Albemarle Animal Clinic has worked diligently to be a leader in veterinary medicine in the region. Albemarle Animal Clinic became the first computerized clinic in the county and has continuously worked to remain on top of the latest technology within the veterinary field. This allows us to better reach, serve, and connect with our ever growing client base.

Today we provide such advanced services as Digital Radiography, urinalysis (which uses facial recognition technology to identify cells), complete in-house laboratory diagnostics and Class IV therapeutic laser (also known as photobiomodulation), to name a few. Philosophically we strive to provide excellent medicine and surgery, at a reasonable cost, in a timely fashion, and in a friendly, approachable manner.

West Stanly Animal Clinic was opened in June of 2006. WSAC has continued to take the philosophies and protocols of Albemarle Animal Clinic and provide veterinary services for our clients in western Stanly County, Mecklenburg, and Cabarrus counties. Albemarle Animal Clinic also founded Locust Animal Clinic in the 1970s, but sold it to Dr. Roger Hartsell. West Stanly Animal Clinic has become an excellent clinic, involved in the community, and a reliable location where both people and pets know they will be cared for.